Animal Crossing Journal #33: Aurora Borealis


When was the last time I popped into my Animal Crossing: New Leaf town to visit all my villagers? Seems like it must've been almost a year, but luckily the villagers are understanding. I decided to say hello to everyone and wander around weeding a bit, and when I loaded the game I was greeted by the Northern Lights shining down on me. Nice.


It's nice to see my familiar house and the peach trees behind it again. There's something about the warm light emanating from inside. Honestly, it's not just the villager friends and the sense of belonging in this game that makes it's such a lovely experience and a boost to your mental health, but it's all the little things - the letter sending, the seasons and weather, and the coloured lights left on in your houses.


Here's me outside Berry's house too. All the different customisation options for houses help to make the town look so lived in. I need to get back into decorating and rearranging the different houses we have here, but I've enjoyed the way I've differentiated them from each other so far.


Our heart light looks lovely under the Northern Lights, and Eloise here has just asked me if she can move away from the town. I figured I'd say yes, as it could be nice to have someone else move in in her place. I feel like as I've played this game more and more I've become less precious about villagers moving out. I mean, there are always villagers here regardless, and all of them are fun to talk to. I do miss Hamphrey though, he was one of my favourites.


And finally, here I am in the plaza. I do like this area as it's nice to have a kind of hub, and the tree acts as a nice symbol of town growth and the time and effort you've put into the game. I may have big gaps between visits sometimes, but I still love this town and all its characters and environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x